Is there a better way to usher in the weekend than some hot Friday night MLS action in the Five Boroughs?
We've got everything you need to get set for tonight's kickoff:
- Re-live last weekend's historic Hudson River Derby!
- Learn three things about the Chicago Fire with the help of SB Nation's Hot Time in Old Town!
- Get set for tonight with all the top stories, injury reports, match week quotes, and more!
Yes, folks, it's almost Fire time.
Put it in the air.
HOW TO WATCH
YOUR MOMENT OF "AWWWWW..."
Submitted without comment:
MATCH DAY THREAD RULES
Welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Raf will be relegated to covering the Cosmos with Mike Petke. Sam will be thrown in a burlap sack and beaten with reeds. But seriously, they're illegal. So don't do it.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy or Doubtful Darlington, even if the team gets off to an awful start. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted. Most importantly, though: HAVE FUN, tip your wait staff, and remind those Chicagoans that they wouldn't know what real pizza was even if it fell on them.