With this much talent on display, we knew we couldn't wait for this matchup, and it's finally here! Check out what we were up to this week in hot anticipation:
- Raf guest starred on Sounder at Heart and answered three match week questions on New York City FC.
- In the reverse fixture, SaH's Dave Clark stopped by Hudson River Blue to set us straight on the Sounders.
- Peter Axtman gave his weekly scouting report, highlighting the defensive tandem of Chad Marshall and Brad Evans, plus the Nigerian ninja known as Obafemi Martins.
- For our weaponized Match Preview, we'll run through the injury report, project the starting lineups, and share the best statistics, storylines, and quotations in all the realm.
HOW TO WATCH
MATCH THREAD RULES
Welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. I'll be relegated to covering the Cosmos with Mike Petke. Sam will be thrown in a burlap sack and beaten with reeds. But seriously, they're illegal. So don't do it.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy or Doubtful Donny, even if the team gets off to an awful start. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted. Most importantly, though: HAVE FUN, tip your wait staff, and remind those hoity-toity left coasters who really run dis.