It's another massive night for New York's newest team, as they take their talents to Red Bull Arena hoping to avenge two losses to the Red Bulls in as many tries.
THIS WAS THE WEEK THAT WAS
Let's get caught up on an exciting Derby Week at Hudson River Blue:
- Fearless leader Raf Noboa y Rivera brought the pyrotechnics -- NYCFC fans love those!!! -- with this scathing analysis of Mix Diskerud's lack of contribution to the squad.
- From Ninety-Plus of Blue, a contemplative literary exploration of last weekend's defeat.
- Courtesy of FootieFromAfar, we explored the new Pirlo/Lampard dynamic on the pitch, and what it means going forward.
- We told the story of Lena Lupari, who drank 28 cans of Red Bull every day for, like, a long time. Are RBNY fans able to prove that level of commitment? We included a helpful flow chart.
HOW TO WATCH
MATCH THREAD RULES
Welcome back! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Raf will be relegated to covering the Cosmos with Mike Petke. Sam will be thrown in a burlap sack and beaten with reeds. But seriously, they're illegal. So don't do it.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy or Doubtful Darlington, even if the team gets off to an awful start. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted. Most importantly, though: HAVE FUN, tip your wait staff, and remind those pesky New Jerseyites that there can only be ONE MLS side in the Empire State.