*** *** ***
This year, Hudson River Blue is trying something new. You might like it. We’re on a quest to find the Grand Champion of New York City FC supporters. It could be you. It could be your parole officer. It could be Michael Rapaport. All we know is that we are going to find this person and extend a laurel and hardy handshake and gawd knows what else. And we know exactly how we’re gonna do it:
A scavenger hunt challenge hand-crafted for every single NYCFC home game this year. All of ‘em.
AND THE WINNERS WILL BE HANDSOMELY REWARDED.
Essentially, we’re talking about a list of 5-10 challenges to be completed and submitted within 24 hours of each and every final whistle at Yankee Stadium. Here are some basic details that we are able to divulge now:
- All challenges will be photographic, barring special circumstances. For example: submit a photo of yourself hugging an away supporter, posing with a member of Yankee Stadium security, hoisting a chicken bucket like it was the MLS Cup, etc.
- The location of every photo submission needs to be obvious. Don’t fake the funk. If you didn’t go up to the South Bronx, don’t act like you did. #FactsOnly here.
- We will never ask you to do anything illegal/humiliating/etc. This isn’t a fraternity. We’re an MLS blog. Or something.
- Every Soccer Specific Scavenger Hunt will be posted at least 24 hours before each home match. We’ll introduce the very first SSSH on Friday. You’ll have plenty of time to scheme!
- Weekly winners will be selected based on who satisfied every challenge in the most creative manner. That’s subjective. I know. But our hearts are probably in the right place.
- Winners will have a column on Hudson River Blue written in their honor by one of our talented writers. It will probably be me. Additionally, if there’s a cause or issue or you’d like us to promote for you — no partisan politics, please — we will do so while we praise your name. If you’re an entrepreneur/artist/musician/etc., we’ll plug your business. We really will.
- At the end of the regular season, we will hold a Soccer Specific Scavenger Hunt Champions League for all 17 weekly winners. The SSSHCL Grand Champion will receive a prize that costs money, and will literally become known as the Lord Commander of NYCFC fans for 2017.
When we post the very first challenge tomorrow, we’ll let you know exactly how to submit your entries. Happy hunting, folks! Please let us know if you have any feedback/suggestions for challenges. This is a brand-new thing— we’d love to hear what you have to say.