A lot happens when three weeks pass between NYCFC home games. We went to DC and even made it back. I took up heavy metal banjo, and David Villa became a howitzer. I’ve taken my FIFA 17 manager career so far into the future that I sold Jonathan Lewis to Arsenal for 7.5 million Chinese yuan.
(We are talking about the future, after all.)
Of course, at long last, another home game in the Bronx means another edition of the SOCCER SPECIFIC SCAVENGER HUNT, an award-eligible match day game for New York City FC fans. Way back on April 1st, Danny Chediak claimed the crown by solving all five of our weekly photo challenges with an extra GIF touch.
Will you be the one to raise the bar this time around?
As always, contestants must satisfy FIVE PHOTO CHALLENGES in and around Yankee Stadium. Bonus points will be provided for genuine feats of creativity, and if you fake any of these in Photoshop, we’ll give you props if the work is brilliant/cheeky/woke enough. Now, on to this week’s challenges:
- Playing rock-paper-scissors with an Orlando City fan.
- Recreate David Villa’s celebration from his 50-yard golazo vs. Philly. Do it somewhere funny: a bathroom, stadium security checkpoint, etc.
- Doing a Stone Cold Stunner on River Avenue.
- A parody of the Kendall Jenner Pepsi commercial. Be creative. If you give a can of Red Bull to a Securitas member, you might win instantly.
- A dance-off.
Happy hunting! If you have any questions about this week’s challenges, feel free to contact us through any number of means.
The winner will be handsomely rewarded.
HOW TO WIN
Submit your entries within 24 hours of Saturday’s final whistle.
If you follow HRB on Twitter and like us on Facebook, feel free to send your photos via private message, as bonus points will be awarded for doing so. Alternatively, you can send them to me via email: samxdunn [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Every photo must be taken in the South Bronx within walking distance of Yankee Stadium.
- Weekly winners will be selected based on who satisfied every challenge in the most creative manner. Bonus points points matter in case of a virtual tie.
- Don’t break the law, but definitely have fun.
See you this Saturday, fambly!