It’s All-Star time once again. Or, rather, it will be in early August in Chicago. But until it’s time for the statesiders to trot out against Real Madrid, the ball’s in your half: there are eight members of New York City FC with a chance to take the field as all-stars, and they need your vote to make it happen.
Here are the NYCFC-ers on this year’s ballot:
- Alexander Callens, the former striker with one-third of Marge Simpson’s hairdo.
- Jack Harrison, the Boy King.
- Sean Johnson, the Georgia Peach that can’t be breached.
- Ronald Matarrita, the Tico Magni-fico.
- Maxi Moralez, the pocket monster.
- Alexander Ring, the ferocious Finn who has to win.
- David Villa, who’s pretty good at the kicking.
- Rodney Wallace, aka #TheRodfather, aka #Ruthless Rodney.
Unfortunately, Maxime Chanot isn’t on the list this year. In light of this, it may be that protesting the vote by abstention may be a viable option. That’s up to you; in the meantime, let’s stage a hostile takeover of this year’s fan XI.
Because why not?