- Tommy McNamara is gonna do something surprising.
- The referee gods owe NYCFC some favorable-yet-incorrect calls.
- I’m worried that Sebastian Giovinco has gone too long without scoring against the Boys in Blue...
- And yet, I’m more afraid of Victor Vazquez right now.
- Yangel Herrera should show up wearing a fake mustache, Bobby Valentine style, as the front office announces the signing of “Angel Barrera.”
- Hot Take of the Day: “O Canada” isn’t a terrible song, but it’s overrated.
- America’s national anthem should be “Despacito” until further notice.
- TFC has never beaten New York City in the regular season, but it doesn’t feel that way.
- Frederic Brillant (“Trill Brill”) will score in every game he starts for the rest of the year: remember where you heard that first.
- It’s about time for another Jack Harrison brace.
- Nobody is asking whether Toronto will be able to soldier on without Benoit Cheyrou.
- Khiry Shelton will never start another game for NYCFC.
- Why isn’t Toronto’s mascot BMO from Adventure Time?
- If New York City is losing at the half, Patrick Vieira should get himself ejected— the Blues have a perfect record when managed by top assistant Christian Lattanzio.
- Playing against Jason Hernandez won’t feel right.
- I think Jozy Altidore hates NYCFC fans more than vice-versa, try as he might.
- How long before the front office has to start swatting away transfer offers for Alex Ring?
- If Toronto steals another one late, their mental edge over New York City will be undeniable.
- If NYCFC loses but turns around and beats the Red Bulls next weekend, all will suddenly feel right with the world again.
- Just enjoy it while it’s happening.
20 things I’m thinking about NYCFC vs. Toronto
It’s Saturday. Daydream with me.