Welcome to Hudson River Blue’s weekly roundup of all things New York City FC, MLS, and the world of soccer. Hopefully those in the Northeast are surviving this week’s frigid and ruthless weather; we recommend donning your favorite NYCFC scarf at all times for safety purposes.
- NYCFC’s third Designated Player slot has been filled by the club’s first “Young DP,” Jesus Medina — The wait is over, the future is here in the form of Paraguayan winger Jesus Medina
- Jesus Medina highlights — A preview of Medina’s offensive prowess
- 2018 full schedule released — NYCFC will host Hudson River Derby games against the New York Red Bulls in July and August
- Do MLS teams have a personality disorder? — An interesting read from Martin Bihl
- Manchester City top the Soccerex Football Finance 100 — Big surprise here that City Football Group are a global football juggernaut (said no one)
- HRB looks ahead to the 2018 season — Christian makes predictions (some bolder than others) for NYCFC in 2018
- NY Red Bulls trade away their midfield maestro, Sacha Kljestan
- Los Angeles FC acquire Benny Feilhaber from Sporting Kansas City for $400K in Allocation Money
- Orlando City SC sign forward Dom Dwyer to a new three-year deal
- Columbus Crew SC attackers Justin Meram and Ola Kamara want out
Around the World
If you have an article suggestion or would like to discuss any that were included, please feel free to let us know in the comments.