‘Knee-Jerk Reactions’ is Hudson River Blue’s series of what we were thinking throughout the match. We’ll share our unfiltered thoughts on the game at hand — no editing, no revisions. Just raw, pure emotion.
- NYC not as clinical off the bricks as they were last week against Sporting Kansas City
- I really hope Yangel Herrera is gonna make one of those shots one day
- Galaxy defending well. We need to soften up that backline
- Does Alex Ring keep a collection of yellow cards?
- ANTON TINNERHOLM!!! What a first goal. 1-0 NYC
- Sean Johnson with the big save!
- David Villa definitely drinks some of Michael Jordan’s ‘Secret Stuff’ before these home openers. 2-0 NYCFC
- Sebastien Ibeagha has filled in valiantly for Maxime Chanot thus far
- Great first half
- Ring looks like the bad guy from Terminator 2
- Maxi Moralez needs to put that shot on target
- SeanJohn just owns the box
- Rodney Wallace is still missing that finishing touch he had early last year
- Yikes. Really avoidable goal conceded. 2-1
- Momentum has shifted completely
- Herrera’s shots get saved way too often
- Is there a reason Jesus Medina has put in a short shift for two straight games?
- DAMMIT, RODNEY!
- Definitely a flop by Villa on Ashley Cole’s challenge. I’m not complaining, though
- Ibeagha is the truth!
- Let’s not make it that tense next time. Please?
Thank you for reading my rambling, mid-game thoughts. I’ll have my apologies at the ready.