Welcome to Hudson River Blue’s weekly roundup of all things New York City FC, MLS, and the world of soccer. The Boys in Blue win their second in a row along with MLS newcomers LAFC.
- The Great Left Back Debate: Mata vs. Sweat - Vieira flipped the script by starting Sweat in the season opener. So, who will get the lion’s share of playing time at left back this season?
- Recap: NYCFC 2-1 LA Galaxy - NYCFC earn three points in their home opener.
- Former NYCFC Players: Where Are They Now? - An update on the former Pigeons who have parted with NYCFC since their last game in 2017 or training camp.
- Knee-Jerk Reactions: NYCFC vs. LA Galaxy - Hudson River Blue’s reactions to NYCFC’s home-opening win against the Galaxy.
- NYCFC Depth Chart Update: Week 2 - After two weeks, it is time to dust off the depth chart and make some updates.
- Stand for the Fords: Rapids’ Kortne Ford and his mom Laurie need our support - Kortne Ford’s mom Laurie needs our support as her cancer numbers have increased.
- MLS odds 2018: New York City FC, New York Red Bulls both weekend betting favorites - Two of the top teams in the MLS meet when the New York City FC host the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday as betting favorites at the sportsbooks.
- Like The Fire, This Editorial Is Still A Work In Progress - Or, How Nelson Taught Me (Sean Spence) To Stop Worrying And Love Failing.
- Real Salt Lake 1, LAFC 5: New boys start history with winning streak - LAFC show first week wasn’t a fluke.
- Gyasi Zardes is having fun and scoring goals again - It’s been a fantastic start to his Crew SC career for the new striker, Pat Murphy writes.
Around the World
- SheBelieves: USA defeats England 1-0 to take the title - It wasn’t a great performance, but it got the job done.
- MLS and Liga MX form partnership, announce new Campeones Cup - The leagues will also look to form a joint all-star game in the future.
- Sevilla stuns Manchester United, knocks Red Devils out of Champions League - Just a minute after coming off the bench, Sevilla leading scorer Wissam Ben Yedder scored the goal to end United’s campaign.
- Photos of West Ham fans and players clashing on Sir Bobby Moore Day - A day in infamy for West Ham United football club. But Trevor Brooking was all cool!
If you have an article suggestion or would like to discuss any that were included, let us know in the comments.