Welcome to Hudson River Blue’s weekly roundup of all things New York City FC, MLS, and the world of soccer. The 2018 MLS regular season is finally underway!
The team at HRB put out a lot of quality content this week, so if you missed anything below be sure to check it out.
- 2018 MLS season preview: New York City FC: Christian looks at what it will take for NYCFC to be successful in 2018.
- RECAP: Sporting KC 0-2 NYCFC: The Boys in Blue escape The Blue Hell with three points in the first match of the season.
- Knee-Jerk Reactions: Sporting Kansas City vs. New York City FC: Hudson River Blue’s reactions to NYCFC’s season-opening 2-0 victory against Sporting KC.
- From the NYCFC Academy to NYCFC?: Center back Tyler Shaver could end up in New York City before you know it.
- LAFC win first-ever MLS game, 1-0 over Seattle Sounders: Black-and-gold make history with alternately sparkling and gritty performance.
- Columbus Crew SC ruin the party; defeat Toronto FC 2-0: The Defending Champs are off to a rocky start in 2018.
- Ohio sues MLS, Columbus Crew owners to stop the team from relocating: Ohio’s attorney general wants to see if the “Art Modell Law” will stand up in court.
- Jordan Morris reportedly out 6-9 months: The Sounders lose their star forward to a torn ACL.
Around the World
- SheBelieves: USA just about manages 1-1 tie with France: Underwhelming player performances and tired legs, writes Stephanie Yang.
- Italy, Fiorentina defender Davide Astori dies at age 31: Due to the sudden and unexpected nature of Astori’s death, all of Sunday’s Serie A matches were cancelled.
- Handwalla Bwana’s journey from Kakuma refugee camp to the Seattle Sounders: How Handwalla Bwana came from Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya to play for the Seattle Sounders, and what opportunity means to an immigrant.
If you have an article suggestion or would like to discuss any that were included, let us know in the comments.