It’s game day! New York City FC travels to Patriot Place mall, home of Gillette Stadium, to face the New England Revolution in the Eastern Conference Semifinal of the 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs. The winner will play the Philadelphia Union in the Eastern Conference Final on Sunday, December 5.
• Game coverage starts at 7 pm. You will find complete information on how to watch, stream, and listen to the game here.
• NYCFC is in excellent form. City was undefeated in its final five games of the regular season, then dismantled Atlanta United in the first round of the playoffs—it was NYCFC’s most convincing win of the season. In part, it was because of a tactical change. NYCFC ceded possession but dominated Atlanta with a high press. You can read about that strategic evolution here.
Is it better to...
This poll is closed
Play on plastic grass in an empty football stadium next to a mall forever and ever
Play on real grass in a baseball stadium for a few years while waiting for a soccer-specific stadium to be built
Be honest, and accept that that NYCFC isn’t moving out of Yankee Stadium any time soon
• NYCFC and New England met three times this year, and while the Revolution won two of those games the analysis tells a more complicated story. You can read about that and more in The Bielsa Report: Five things NYCFC supporters should know about the New England Revolution.
Later tonight, at the football stadium in a clearing off I-95 a few miles north of the Rhode Island state line, NYCFC will...
This poll is closed
Draw and send supporters into a traumatic MLS is Back Tournament flashback
• Will New England striker Adam Buksa be match-fit after recovering from a foot injury? Our Revolution-supporting colleague Sam Minton weighs in on that and more in Oppo research: Questions for the Bent Musket.
• Members of the Hudson River Blue community: The comment section below is yours to use for the game thread. Not a member? Sign up here. It’s easy and free. Actually, Google Authenticator can be annoying. Sorry about that.